Note: DisCon III’s Accessibility Team has prepared a detailed Accessibility Guide. Please read it if you have questions about available services, service animals, or transportation not addressed on this page.
The DisCon III chairs and committee have committed in the Accessibility Policy to creating a fully accessible Worldcon. Putting the policy into action is the responsibility of our experienced Accessibility Team, and they will be working across the convention and with our venues to create an inclusive and accessible event. This page outlines the actions we are taking. We hope that it will answer many of your questions, but we will be happy to address any other questions or concerns you may have if you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We have created a Google Map showing a wheelchair accessible route from the nearest Metro station to the Omni Shoreham.
- We will work with the Hotel team to help members get the room types they need. There will be a form with the available options, to be available around the same time that hotel reservations open.
- There will be custom maps for all areas, showing stair-free routes, elevators and accessible restrooms.
- Any member wanting to rent a mobility device (e.g., scooter, wheelchair, rollator, etc.) can do so directly through a local vendor we have identified. Members will receive a 15% discount when ordering, and this discount will apply even for folks arriving in DC early or leaving DC late. For specifics on this offer, please log into the Membership Area.
- In addition to these rentals, convention programs and other events will include spaces for both mobility scooters and wheelchairs. Overnight parking of mobility devices is not permitted in convention spaces.
- The Pocket Program will be available in alternative formats. Stop by the main Accessibility Services Desk in the main hotel lobby for more information about these.
- We intend to have ASL and live captions for some of the events at the convention. If you are interested in making sure that specific events are covered, please contact the accessibility team at email@example.com .
- The Omni Shoreham is an older property, with a number of levels, but we will work to address the challenges through route planning and elevator usage. Each color on the hotel map except gray-to-green involves stairs. Check the legend on the map for alternate routes.
- The DisCon III Quiet Space is located in the Governor’s Boardroom, off of the East Promenade. This space will be available until 10pm daily.
- Log into the Members Area
- Select My Membership and Ballots
- Select Review or Update Details
- Check the box for I would like information on accessibility services at DisCon III
- (important) Save your changes!